Sometimes traveling can be stressful! Especially during the holidays.
I know so many people who get anxiety before and during flights so I saw some tips that might help!
These seven tips can help calm travel anxiety according to psychiatrists!
1. Pack an item that brings you joy - For example, think of things you enjoy: a new book, a new TV show you’ve wanted to watch, a podcast, or something to entertain you that will make travel more fun. Ipads to watch movies are also great for the kids!
2. Channel nervous energy - Find something to distract you — specifically, something to distract your hands like knitting, coloring, needlepoint, writing letters or postcards, and journaling.
3. Plan your meals - Food can be a stressor for a variety of reasons. Think ahead about what you want to be eating and plan accordingly. Maybe that means packing food for the trip or if you’re planning to eat out, think ahead!
4. Give yourself extra time - Give yourself extra time to plan ahead for any delays or things that might unexpectedly happen. Having the extra buffer time will make your travel feel much less stressful for sure!
5. Try calming breathing techniques - One thing you can do anywhere, at any time, is take a deep breath!
6. Move your body - Physical movement is incredibly helpful in reducing stress. Maybe it’s taking the stairs instead of the elevator or power walking around the airport terminal during your layover. Movements can be a game-changer.
7. Have a backup plan - Before you start traveling, think ahead – if your return flight home gets canceled, what are you going to do? Having a ‘crisis plan’ in place can decrease anxiety because you already know what you’re going to do.
I didn't even think about doing some of these!
Get more from Sisanie HERE!