LAST UPDATED: December 2022
QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- WE SHARE INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- OTHER SITES
- UNITED STATES ONLY
- CONTACT US
We generally do not collect or retain personal information (i.e., information that is identifiable to an individual) on our child-directed Platforms. Also, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from a child under the age of 13 years (a “Child”). If we determine that a user is a Child, we will not use or maintain the Child’s personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a Child, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records; we will retain that personal information only to ensure the safety of the Child, protect the security or integrity of the Platforms, take precautions against liability, respond to judicial process, and as required by law.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We (and our service providers) may collect the following information depending on the nature of your interactions with us:
- Identifiers. If you affirmatively reach out to us (such as by emailing us or calling us), we may collect your email address and other contact information you choose to provide to us (such as your name and/or phone number).
- General Location Information. The Platforms may collect general location information. The Platforms do not collect street name or street address. The Platforms do not collect precise geolocation of your device.
- Preference Information. We collect information about which songs, playlists, and stations are played on the Platforms, but we do not connect this information to an identified or identifiable user.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- to respond to your questions and requests and otherwise provide customer service;
- to communicate with you about your activities on the Platforms;
- to conduct Platform analytics and operations;
- for market research
- to improve the Platforms;
- to comply with license obligations;
- to provide you with radio stations in your area;
- to provide support for the internal operations of the Platforms;
- to maintain or analyze the Platform’s functioning, including diagnosing problems and facilitating navigation;
- to perform network communications;
- to authenticate users;
- to pay artists and content creators in relation to the content you hear;
- for security and safety purposes, such as protecting against cyber threats; protecting our rights and the rights of our customers and subscribers; detecting, investigating, or preventing fraud and other illegal activities; and responding to legal and regulatory compliance obligations;
- to ensure legal or regulatory compliance;
- to verify your identity in relation to requests made in relation to your personal information;
- in the case of business contacts, to administer and manage our relationship with you and your employer (such as record keeping, payments, communicating with you, tracking outcomes, and verifying your eligibility and suitability); and
- for other lawful purposes disclosed at the time we collect your information or otherwise with your consent.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect information from various sources depending on the nature of your interactions with us. We may collect information as follows:
- Directly from you: You may provide information to us when you email or contact us.
- Automatically from your devices: We may use tracking tools and technologies that automatically collect your general location information when you visit or interact with the Platforms.
- From our affiliates: We may get information from our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership with iHeartMedia.
- From our vendors and service providers: We receive information from our vendors and service providers we hire to help us run our business, including those companies that host, protect, or operate our Platforms; analyze data; provide customer service; or send emails for us.
- We combine information: When we get information from other sources, we may combine that with information we already have. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online or through the Platforms. We may also aggregate your information with other consumers’ information to understand preferences and trends within your peer group over time.
4. WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share information as described below:
- With our vendors and service providers: We may share information with suppliers and service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as service providers that host or operate our Platforms.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Platform, your information may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and may be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Legal compliance: We may share your information in order to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our agreements and policies; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of other parties, visitors to our Platforms, or the public.
- Other disclosures: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
- Non-personal information: We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated such that it does not identify or relate to you, with other parties for any purpose. This may include aggregated user statistics about the Platforms or aggregated demographic information about our users.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE TREAT YOUR INFORMATION
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, and our systems are not configured to recognize Do Not Track headers or signals from some or all browsers.
6. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
We generally do not collect or retain personal information (i.e., information that is identifiable to an individual), but in the event we ever do collect such information, where provided for by applicable privacy laws, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the rights described below with respect to such personal information:
Access / Right to Know: You have the right to confirm whether we process personal information about you and to request that we disclose to you the following: (i) the categories of personal information that we have collected about you (including sensitive personal information); (ii) the categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of personal information that we have sold about you and the categories of outside parties to whom the personal information was sold; (v) the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you for our business purposes and the categories of suppliers to whom the personal information was disclosed; (vi) a portable copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you; and (vii) information about the logic involved in any automated decision-making processes used by iHeartMedia (if applicable), as well as a description of the likely outcome of the process with respect to you.
Deletion: You can request that we delete the personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Correct or Update my Personal Information: You have the right to request that we correct, update, or modify the personal information we maintain about you.
Opt-out of Automated Decision-Making: You have the right to request to opt-out of any profiling or automated decision-making, to the extent we engage in those processing activities.
Limit the Use of my Sensitive Personal Information: In relation to any sensitive personal information identified in Section 1 above, you can request that we limit our use and sharing of such information only to those uses which are set forth under applicable privacy law.
Eligible individuals can request to exercise these rights by any of the methods set forth below:
- using our online webform here
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- via toll-free phone at 1-800-317-8708
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent (including a parent or legal guardian) to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent (or your parent or legal guardian).
You will not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights. We will not deny you any products or services, nor charge you different prices, in retaliation for exercising your privacy rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. As noted earlier, if you are an employee, contractor, or job applicant, your rights with respect to your personal information collected in those contexts will be described in a separate privacy notice that we provide to you where and when appropriate.
7. ADDITIONAL CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURES
For purposes of California law, please note the following:
We use the above categories of personal information for our business and commercial purposes described in Section 2 above.
We collect these categories of personal information from the following categories of sources, as more fully described in Section 3 above: directly from you; automatically from your devices; from our service providers; and from our corporate affiliates, subsidiaries, and/or parents.
We disclose each of the foregoing categories of personal information to our service providers, with entities for legal compliance purposes, and with potential acquirers of parts of our business. See Section 4 above for more details.
We do not “sell” or “share” your personal information. Also, this means we do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
We do not collect sensitive personal information, and thus do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified under applicable California privacy regulations.
We will only retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected, or as legally required. We will not hold or process your information for any longer than we are legally permitted to. The criteria used to determine the appropriate retention period includes:
- Regulatory requirements that we are subject to, including laws and regulations related to tax, employment, accounting, and securities
- Whether a legal claim might be brought against us, for which the information would be relevant
- The necessity of the information to provide our services to our customers
- The types and sensitivity of personal information being processed.
9. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use certain reasonable security measures designed to help protect your information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk.
10. OTHER SITES
The Platforms may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from service providers, advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
11. UNITED STATES ONLY
The Platforms are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended only for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. iHeartMedia makes no representation that the Platforms are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation.
13. CONTACT US
Attn: Children’s Privacy
10880 Stone Oak Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78258