Dan and Shay were the big winners at 54th Academy of Country Music Awards, which aired live from Las Vegas Sunday night, winning the first three trophies of the night --Single,Song(both for "Tequila") andDuo of the Year.
Kacey Musgraves didn't get a performance slot, but she did win two of the biggest categories of the night --Female VocalistandAlbum of the Year.
Keith Urban Took the covetedEntertainer of the Yearhonors.
George Strait presented the Artist of the Decade trophy toJason Aldean. As he received the award, Jason looked at George and said, "That's the reason I wear the cowboy hat right there." He also thanked his family and his fellow artists, then said, "Thanks to the fans and country radio. You have changed my life forever."
Reba McEntire hosted the show, which mixed performances and unexpected collaborations with a some awards peppered in.
Reba didn't waste any time pointing out the struggle of women in the format. In her opening monologue, she said, "This is my 15th time hosting the show. People always ask me, 'Do you ever get tired of doing it?' And I say, 'Tired of celebrating great artists in music? Tired of being in charge of the biggest night in country music?' My name is Reba McEntire and I haven't been tired in 53 years. I'm a woman in the music business. We don't have time to be tired."
She also reminded the audience that it had recently snowed in Las Vegas and added, "It froze us women out ofEntertainer of the Year."
- Artist of the Decade:Jason Aldean
- Entertainer of the Year:Keith Urban
- Female Artist of the Year:Kacey Musgraves
- Male Artist of the Year:Thomas Rhett
- Group of the Year:Old Dominion
- Duo of the Year:Dan + Shay
- Song of the Year :“Tequila” –Dan and Shay(Written byNicole Galyon,Jordan Reynolds,Dan Smyers)
- Single of the Year Duo of the Year: “Tequila” -Dan + Shay
- Album of the Year: Golden Hour –Kacey Musgraves
- Video of the Year: “Drunk Girl” –Chris Janson
- Music Event of the Year: “Burning Man” –Dierks BentleyfeaturingBrothers OsborneNew Female Artist of the Year:Ashley McBryde
- New Male Artist of the Year:Luke Combs
- New Duo or Group of the Year:Lanco
- Songwriter of the Year:Shane McAnally
- Florida Georgia LinewithJason Aldean– “You Can’t Hide Red”
- Thomas Rhett– “Look What God Gave Her”
- Miranda Lambert– Medley: “Kerosene,” “Gunpowder & Lead,” “Mama’s Broken Heart," “White Liar,” “Little Red Wagon”
- Luke Bryan– “Knockin’ Boots”
- Chris StapletonwithMorgane Stapleto – “A Simple Song”
- Ashley McBryde– "Girl Goin' Nowhere"
- Maren MorriswithBrothers Osborne – “All My Favorite People”
- George Strait– “God and Country Music”
- Luke Combs– “Beautiful Crazy”
- Dan + ShaywithKelly Clarkson– “Keeping Score”
- Little Big Town– “The Daughters”
- Blake Shelton– “God’s Country”
- Old Dominion– “Make It Sweet”
- Brooks & DunnwithLuke Combs– “Brand New Man”
- Keith Urban– “Burden”
- Eric ChurchwithAshley McBryde– “The Snake”
- Lanco– “Rival”
- Carrie Underwood– “Southbound”
- Kane Brown– “Good As You”
- Kane BrownwithKhalid– “Saturday Nights”
- Reba– “Freedom”
- Jason Aldean– Medley: “Lights Come On,” “Don’t You Wanna Stay” withKelly Clarkson, “Dirt Road Anthem”
- Chrissy Metz,Carrie Underwood,Lauren Alaina,Maddie & Tae,Mickey Guyton– “I’m Standing With You”
- George StraitwithMiranda Lambert– “Run”
- Dierks BentleywithBrandi Carlile– “Travelin’ Light”
- George Strait– “Every Little Honky Tonk Bar”