Blake Shelton won the night's top award, Video of the Year, Wednesday at the CMT Music Awards for "I'll Name the Dogs." Earlier in the evening, the clip also won Male Video of the Year.
The night's other big winner, Carrie Underwood, won her 18th CMT Music Award -- the most of any artist -- for "The Champion" featuring Ludacris.
The show kicked off in royal style Wednesday night with a take off on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex coming to Nashville for a wedding after-party. The skit featured hosts Little Big Town, Kelly Ripa, Ryan Seacrest, Midland, Kelsea Ballerini, Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Darius Rucker as Queen Elizabethand Florida Georgia Line as Princes Harry and William.
Video of the Year : Blake Shelton - "I'll Name of the Dogs"
Performance Video of the Year: Backstreet Boys and Florida Georgia Line - "Everybody" (CMT Crossroads)
Collaborative Video of the Year: Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina - "What Ifs"
Breakthrough Video of the Year: Carly Pearce - "Every Little Thing"
Duo Video of the Year: Dan and Shay - "Tequila"
Male Video of the Year: Blake Shelton - "I'll Name the Dogs"
Group Video of the Year: Little Big Town-"When Someone Stops Loving You"
Female Video of the Year: Carrie Underwood and Ludacris - "The Champion"
- Little Big Town opened the festivities with the new single "Summer Fever."
- Blake Shelton sang "Turnin' Me On" from the roof of his new location of Ole Red on Lower Broadway in Nashville.
- Jason Aldean performed his latest single, "Drowns the Whiskey," without Miranda Lambert.
- LANco took the side stage to perform their hit "Greatest Love Story."
- Kelsea Ballerini sang her latest hit "I Hate Love Songs."
- Luke Bryan took over the stage on Lower Broadway for "Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset."
- Florida Georgia Line performed "Simple" -- the most country song they've had in a while.
- Carrie Underwood cried glitter tears for "Cry Pretty."
- Sam Hunt strolled Broadway singing his new song "Downtown's Dead."
- Dan and Shay sang "Tequila" shortly after winning Duo Video of the Year.
- Chris Stapleton took it outside for "Millionaire."
- Backstreet Boys played their new song "Don't Go Breaking My Heart"
- Kelly Clarkson sang a re-imagined version of the Guess Who's "American Woman," the theme song for the new series on the Paramount Network.
- Breakthrough Video of the Year winner Carly Pearce sang her latest, "Hide the Wine."
- Devin Dawson sang his debut hit, "All on Me."
- Lindsay Ell performed her chart-climber, "Criminal."
- Darius Rucker, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean and Charles Kelley did their take on the old Drivin' n Cryin' song, "Straight to Hell."
- Hoda Kotb auditioned Jon Pardi to play host to her next year.
- Kane Brown and Carly Pearce win their first awards ever.
- Carly Pearce thanked the boy who broke her heart, which resulted in "Every Little Thing" -- the Breakthrough Video of the Year song.
- Presenter Lindsey Vonn fangirled over Backstreet Boys, saying she was going to have them sign her poster after their performance.
- Blake Shelton giving a shout out to Diamond Rio guitarist Jimmy Olander.