Storm Preparation Steps!
When severe storms are forecast in your area, there are several things you should do:
1. In case of power failure, have your car gassed up and make sure that you have ice stored in the freezer.
2. Make sure cell phones and tablets are fully charged for communication.
3. Make sure you have several flashlights that have fresh batteries in them. Avoid using candles to light your way through the house.
4. Test the sump pump in your home to make sure it is working. You should also test the battery backup sump pump if you have that system.
5. If you have a generator make sure that it's gassed up and functioning. Do not use generators in the house or near windows. Generators should also be protected from the elements.
6. If there is water damage after the storm, make sure you find the source and make repairs. Do not allow materials in your house to stay wet for an extended period of time.
IMPORTANT: The difference between a storm "watch" and a storm "warning"
A watch means conditions are ripe for a tornado or thunderstorm.
A warning means to take cover it is imminent or has been spotted.
Stay safe folks!