Sunday was National Sloppy Joe Day!!! Sloppy Joes.... Wow, that really takes me back to my childhood when I used to eat them a lot!
Did you celebrate Sunday? I say, IT'S NEVER TOO LATE :-)
Last week I reached out for some advice on how to make things even more delicious.... and I've got some juicy stuff for you below! :-)
I talked briefly with Olivia Nickels of Klosterman Bread and she is helped us take our Sloppy Joe game NEXT LEVEL. We even got a quick HISTORY of the Sloppy Joe haha!
Olivia shared a Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe recipe! Sounds messy and YUM!!!
Here's that Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe recipe Olivia shared!
Thanks again Olivia Nickels and Klosterman!
Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Sliders
· 1 pound ground beef or turkey
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1/4 tsp. salt
· 1/4 tsp. pepper
· 1 sweet onion, sliced thin
· 1 green pepper sliced thin
· 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
· 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
· 1/4 cup soy sauce
· 1 Tbsp. ketchup
· 16 Klosterman Buns, toasted
· 1/2 Tbsp. flour
· 1/2 Tbsp. butter
· 3/4 cup milk
· 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
· 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
· 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
· Salt and pepper
1. In large skillet over medium-high heat add the olive oil, brown the meat, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms and green pepper, cooking another 5-10 minutes until the onions start to become tender. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ketchup. Season with salt and pepper, then bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes.
2. While the meat is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and mustard powder, cooking on medium-high heat, bring up to a bubble and let thicken, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the provolone cheese, parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted.
3. To serve, place a scoopful of the meat and pepper mixture on the bottom of the slider buns, then top with the cheese sauce and add the top of the bun.
Enjoy and MORE delicious recipes soon!