Some brides go a little over the top before their big day, that’s why they call them “bridezillas.” But a Reddit thread sharing one bride’s outrageous wedding day requests has the attention of the Internet because it’s so ridiculous. Laika_cat posted an email from the couple’s wedding coordinator and people are in disbelief.
The email starts off with the wedding coordinator introducing herself, then explaining that she’s reaching out to confirmed guests to do a final headcount and “to go over some rules and regulations for the wedding day.” The message is full of typos and creative spelling, but the outrageous part is this list of dos and don’ts. It reads:
- Please arrive 15-30 minutes early
- Please DO NOT wear white, cream or ivory
- Please do not wear anything other than a basic bob or ponytail
- Please do not have a full face of makeup
- Do not record during the seramony
- Do not check in on FB until instructed
- Use #[REDACTED] when posting all pictures
- DO NOT TALK TO THE BRIDE AT ALL
- Everyone will toast with Rémy. No acceptance.
- Lastly must come with gift 75$ or more or you want be admitted.
Some of these are actually reasonable, like being on time and not wearing white, but let’s talk about the rest. Telling guests how to wear their hair and makeup is overstepping for sure and restricting everyone from talking to the bride at all is too much. And not everyone drinks, or likes cognac, so everyone shouldn’t HAVE to toast with it. But worst of all may be that bit about coming with a gift worth $75 or more has to be the worst. It’s hard to imagine what kind of professional wedding coordinator would send this, or how the bride agreed to it. Just imagine how much fun the guests will have!