Ok, this is something I'm definitely going to look in to-Goodyear has its iconic Blimp on Airbnb, giving football fans a chance to book a stay in the blimp ahead of the Notre Dame vs. Michigan game.
Fans will have the opportunity to book a one-night stay in the blimp on Oct. 22, 23 or 24, located at the Blimp hangar in Mogador, Ohio. Priced around $150 per night, a blimp stay for two comes equipped tickets to the game, exclusive access to the blimp hangar and more. Fans can book their appointment beginning Oct. 15.
The Goodyear Blimp was named an honorary member of the College Football Hall of Fame earlier this year, the first non-player or coach to ever receive that honor. The Airbnb partnership celebrates that accomplishment by “bringing fans closer to the game,” per Goodyear.
From the Official Press Release:
The stay is hosted by Goodyear Chief Pilot Jerry Hissem, who will welcome guests to the Blimp’s house - aka its hangar. Each overnight is priced at $150 a night (plus taxes and fees), celebrating the 150thanniversary of college football. The nostalgic-inspired stay for two guests comes complete with the must-haves for any college football fan:
- Access to the Goodyear hangar, which is the size of 2.6 football fields and home to the Blimp
- Football lounge where guests can relax and watch some of the all-time best rivalry games in college football history
- Lakefront spot with a grill, fire pit, cornhole, and other tailgate essentials, perfect for taking in views of the sunset and maybe even the resident bald eagles soaring by
- Prime tickets to the college football rivalry game in Ann Arbor, MI, on October 26, and official gear to show your pride
- Space for up to four friends to join in the revelry before the two guests retire to the cozy gondola of the Blimp
“The Blimp has always been about the fans and giving them a better way to experience the game,” said Jerry Hissem, Chief Pilot at Goodyear. “We’re continuing this tradition by giving fans an experience they’ll never forget by listing the Blimp on Airbnb.”
Booking opportunities will roll out throughout the day, so Blimp and college football enthusiasts need to keep their eyes on the listing so they don’t fumble their chance to request to book a stay on their desired date.
To honor the first-of-its-kind offering, Goodyear and Airbnb will collectively donate $5,000 to the Cotton Bowl Foundation, in support of the organization’s vision to make an impact on those who play the game, attend the game and support the game. Goodyear also sponsors the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
No kickoff time has been announced for Michigan’s showdown with Notre Dame yet, but seeing as the Goodyear Blimp will be there, as well as other recent tidbits out there, you can probably start connecting the dots there.