This one is trending on Twitter … What do you think is the #BestMovieLineEver?
- “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” –The Princess Bride
- “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.” –The Godfather
- “I’ll be back.” –Terminator
- “You can’t handle the truth.” –A Few Good Men
- “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” –Jaws
- “I’m king of the world!” –Titanic
- “I see dead people.” –The Sixth Sense
- “Say hello to my little friend.” –Scarface
- “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” --Forrest Gump
Seems “sleeping on it” really is a thing …A new study from the University of Bristol found that daytime naps can help us weigh the pros and cons of a challenging decision, and can even help us process unconscious information.
No one likes doing chores. In fact, a new survey by Yelp/One Poll, found that 67% of respondents said they and/or their partner purposely did a lousy job on a chore so they would never have to do it again. Men were more likely than women to make an effort to get out of their share of the chores (28% vs. 21%).
80% of respondents in a relationship said doing chores had caused arguments in the relationship. The most common disagreements were: When to do housework (53%), how to do it (50%), who should do it (48%), whether or not to hire someone (39%) and how good a job the person they hired had done (32%). 61% admitted that they had re-cleaned the home again after their partner had done it ... because they thought they had done a lousy job.
Maybe it’s not a bad idea to hire someone to do the cleaning …33% of respondents said they had hired someone to do the housework. Of those, 62% said hiring someone had helped their relationship. 47% of couples said outsourcing chores gave them more time in the day, 46% said it allowed them to do more fun things, and 42% said it relieved some of their stress.
So what are the most-hated chores?
- Washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen
- Doing laundry
- Cleaning the bathroom
- Cooking meals and shopping for groceries (SWNS)
Celebrate doing nothing …Niksen is the Dutch concept of doing nothing, and it’s being embraced as a way to deal with our increasingly busy, stressful lives. Practicing niksen is as simple as just sitting in a chair, looking out the window or listening to music. They key is that what you are doing has no purpose. The idea is to truly do nothing and just be. (Time)
Are you a glass half-full person? Chances are you sleep better than your more pessimistic counterparts. Researchers from the University of Illinois found that optimistic people sleep better and longer, typically 6 to 9 hours a night. According to the study, people with high levels of optimism not only slept better but they reported having less fatigue during the day.