WHAT'S IT ABOUT? After the family cat is killed, a father buries it in a mysterious pet cemetery to bring it back to life, setting off a terrifying chain of events.
WHO'S IN IT?Jason Clarke,Amy Seimetz,John Lithgow
- Based on the 1983 horror novel byStephen King.
- Out of all his books, King has said that this story scared him the most.
- In the story, the family cat is named Church, after Winston Churchill. John Lithgow played the British prime minister inThe Crown.
- Jason Clarke said the scariest scene that he filmed was the one in which he dug up his on-screen daughter in a real cemetery at 4:00 a.m.
- The book was adapted into a film in 1989. There was a sequel in 1992.
- The Ramonesrecorded a song called "Pet Sematary" for the 1989 movie.
SHAZAM!(Superhero / Fantasy)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A streetwise 14-year-old can magically transform into the adult superhero Shazam by shouting one word. His newfound powers soon get put to the test when he squares off against the evil Dr. Thaddeus Sivana.
WHO'S IN IT? Zachary Levi,Mark Strong,Djimon Hounsou,Meagan Good,Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer
- Shazam!is the seventh installment in the DC Extended Universe.
- The character of Shazam was originally named Captain Marvel. It was officially changed in 2012, to avoid confusion with Marvel Comics' Captain Marvel.
- Djimon Hounsoualso starred in the Captain Marvelmovie, released earlier this year.
- This is the first live-action film featuring the character since the 1941 serialAdventures of Captain Marvel.
- Shazam! / Captain Marvel first appeared inWhiz Comics #2, published by Fawcett Comics in 1939.
- DC began licensing the character from Fawcett in 1972.
- In the movie, the characters go to a school named Fawcett Central.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Flight? Invisibility?
THE BEST OF ENEMIES(Drama)
WHAT'S IT ABOUT? A civil rights activist faces off against the leader of the Ku Klux Klan in 1971 Durham, North Carolina over school integration.
WHO'S IN IT?Taraji P. Henson,Sam Rockwell,Anne Heche,Wes Bentley,John Gallagher Junior,Bruce McGill
- Based on the bookThe Best of Enemies: Race and Redemption in the New SouthbyOsha Gray Davidson.
- It's a true story.
- Robin Bissellmakes his directorial debut with the film. He also wrote the screenplay.