This is the link to the full program being judged for the 2017 Webby Awards www.neighborhoodsessions.com
Most of us want to give back, but only 1 in 4 of us actually do. To help close the gap between intention and action, State Farm launched Neighborhood of Good to inspire us all to join the movement to doing anything, big or small, to make a positive difference in our neighborhoods.
In partnership with iHeartRadio, State Farm Neighborhood Sessions® celebrates great artists who inspire us to give back to our neighborhoods, turning music fans into volunteers.
What sets this partnership apart is the passion and commitment by all involved – musicians and fans coming together to impact the people and communities where we live and serve. Rather than simply talk about why it is important to give back, we inspired like-minded people to act on their good intentions.
Building on the 2016 Artist Stories/Neighborhood Sessions program, iHeartRadio and State Farm not only shared the backstories of artists and the communities that helped shape who they are today, but also shed a light on their philanthropic interests and efforts. Beyond a connection to the neighborhood, what inspired and drove our featured artists to give back? Why was it important for them to make a difference?
Using the healing power of music as a clear and persistent theme throughout, we showcased seven compelling and thought-provoking stories. Featured artists and charities included:
- Linkin Park – Helped local and international communities through the band’s foundation, Music for Relief
- Gavin DeGraw – Healed spirits and put smiles on faces of hospital patients through Musicians on Call
- Judah and the Lion – Spread hope to kids with special needs through the Love Up organization
- Lindsey Stirling – Unleashed creativity with Write Girl
- Khalid – Used music as therapy with CAMMO Music + American Legion
- Kip Moore – Made a difference through building skate parks in inner cities
- Kelsea Ballerini – Give back to her hometown high school