Family to sue Applebee’s after child burned by steaming water. See story here. https://wgntv.com/2018/10/11/family-to-sue-applebees-after-baby-burned-by-steaming-water/
A family plans to sue Applebee’s after they said their 17-month-old child was severely burned by steaming water at a location in the New York City borough of Queens. Cadien Scott Gaffney suffered second degree burns in the Friday incident after the family requested hot water to sterilize utensils, according to Kourtnei Patterson, a spokesperson for the family. When the server brought the hot water to the table, the child was able to pull the hot water onto himself, according to Patterson. "The baby was just screaming," Patterson said.