Automotive highway deaths in the U.S. last year are estimated to be near 40,000, which is the highest total in nearly a decade.
This is their list of five distractions that have caused the most accident:
- Using the Radio While Driving (Doubles Chances of Accident)
- Using a Touch-Screen Menu (Increases Chances 4.1 Times)
- Texting While Driving (Increases Chances 6.1 Times)
- Reaching for an Object (Increases Chances 9 Times)
- Dialing 10 or More Digits on a Phone (Increases Chances 12 Times)
SOURCE: CBS News