Photo Credit: Getty Images
Are you ready to win this week's Powerball and the estimated $1.4 billion dollar record jackpot that comes with it?
While the only way to have a chance to win is to get a ticket, the odds of you winning are one in 292.2 million.
To give you an idea of how unlikely you are to hit it big, here are some things more likely to happen to you:
1. Getting killed as you cross the street: 1 in 704 (National Safety Council)
2. Dying in a plane crash: 1 in 8,015 (National Safety Council)
3. Drowning in a bathtub: 1 in 10,499 (National Safety Council)
4. Dying from a hornet, wasp or bee sting: 1 in 55,764 (National Safety Council)
5. Getting killed by a lightning strike: 1 in 164,968 (National Safety Council)
6. Seeing a UFO: 1 in 3,000,000 (New York Post)
7. Getting killed by a shark: 1 in 3,700,000 (National Geographic)
8. Being elected President of the United States: 1 in 10,000,000 (NBC)
9. Being killed by a snake bite: 1 in 50,000,000 (University of Florida)
10. Being killed by a falling coconut: 1 in 250,000,000 (Daily Mirror)