Which categories can I vote on?
Fan voting for our 2017 iHeartRadio Music Awards is available for eight categories:
1) Best Lyrics ... Which artist wrote the best lyrics in 2016?
2) Best Collaboration ... Which collab was your favorite in 2016?
3) Best Cover Song ... Which cover did you fall in love with in 2016?
4) Best Song From A Movie ... What was the best song from a movie in 2016?
5) Best Music Video ... Which music video could you not stop watching in 2016?
6) Best Underground Alternative Band ... Which underground alternative band was the best in 2016?
7) Social Star Award ... Who was your favorite Social Star in 2016?
8) Taco Bell Best Fan Army ... Which fan group was the most passionate in 2016?
How do I vote?
There are two ways for you to cast votes for our 2017 iHeartRadio Music Awards: (1) online through the official iHeartRadio Music Awards site at http://iheartradio.com/awards; (2) socially via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by mentioning specific key words in your Tweets. Both methods are further described below:
(1) Online Voting: You can vote online at http://iheartradio.com/awards using your PC, tablet or mobile device. Votes cannot be submitted (or counted) unless the vote window is open (see 'When Can I Vote?' below). During the open vote window, you will see the award categories up for vote on http://iheartradio.com/awards. You must sign up or log in with your iHeartRadio account in order to vote. Once you're on the vote page, you will be prompted to click on the nominee for whom you want to vote in each category. You will see an image of each nominee alongside their name and a 'vote' button. Upon submitting your vote in any category, you will see a 'thank you' page that confirmed your vote, enables you to share your vote on Facebook or Twitter, continue voting in other categories, and to vote again for your favorite nominee via Twitter. You must be registered with and logged into Twitter in order to cast your vote via Tweet (go to Twitter.com to register). If you click the 'Vote on Twitter' button, you will have the option to share a pre-populated Tweet voting for the applicable nominee. You may also submit votes directly on Twitter (without first voting online), via Tweet by following the instructions in paragraphs 2 and 3 below.
(2) Social Voting: You must be registered with and logged into Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in order to cast your vote. Your social account must be set to Public. Valid social votes must contain the applicable nominee's name or approved hashtag, applicable category, and the hashtag #iHeartAwards. An example of a valid Tweet vote would be:
I'm voting for #7Years for #BestLyrics at the #iHeartAwards. RT to vote too! bit.ly/iHrAwards
Only posts that comply with the foregoing instructions will be counted as valid votes. If multiple nominee names are included in a post, the post will be disqualified and no vote will be counted. Re-Tweets and shares will be valid subject to the same rules for ordinary posts set forth above.
You can vote online and socially during the open vote window applicable in any of the eight categories. The voting window opens at 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 for the Social Star Award and Taco Bell Best Fan Army categories. The voting window opens at 9:00am ET/6:00am PT on Wednesday, January 4, 2017 for the Best Lyrics, Best Collaboration, Best Cover Song, Best Song From A Movie, Best Music Video, and Best Underground Alternative Band categories.
The voting window closes at 2:59am ET on Saturday, February 25, 2017/11:59pm PT on Friday, February 24, 2017 for the Best Lyrics, Best Cover Song, Best Collaboration, and Best Song from a Movie, Best Music Video, and Best Underground Alternative Band categories. The voting window closes at 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT on Sunday, March 5, 2017 for the Social Star Award and Taco Bell Best Fan Army categories.
How many times may I vote?
When voting online, you may cast fifty (50) votes per category, per day. If you begin your voting experience through the iHeartRadio app you may cast 2x the votes for a total of one hundred (100) votes per category, per day. Once you have reached the vote limit in a particular category, that category will be grayed out on the main category page. Additionally, you may cast fifty (50) votes per category, per day, via social, either by clicking on the 'Vote on Twitter' button and submitting the pre-populated Tweet, or otherwise directly by Tweeting as described above.
How do my votes enter me to win a trip to the 2017 iHeartRadio Music Awards?
During the online voting period which begins on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 8:00pm ET/5:00pm PT and ends on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 2:59am ET/Friday, February 24, 2017 at 11:59pm PT you may vote for a nominee in any of the eight voteable categories to receive an entry in the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes entries are only received for online votes, not for social votes. There is a limit of one sweepstakes entry per person/email address per day. The grand prize winner will receive a VIP trip for two to the 2017 iHeartRadio Music Awards at The Forum in Los Angeles, CA! See official rules for details.
Who can vote?
All residents of the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska may vote online. The social voting on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook is open internationally. You must have an iHeartRadio account to vote online, or a Twitter/Instagram/Facebook account to vote via social media.
How much does it cost to vote?
Voting is free except for standard internet access charges which may apply if you are using a web browser or standard data charges which may apply if you are voting via your mobile device.
How do I find out the results?
All results will be revealed during the iHeartRadio Music Awards live television broadcast, scheduled for Sunday, March 5, 2016 from 8-11pm ET/PT on TBS from The Forum in Los Angeles, CA. Check your local listings for more information about show times. The awards will be broadcast live simultaneously on iHeartMedia stations nationwide and across the iHeartRadio digital music platform. Results will also be posted online after the live broadcast at http://iheartradio.com/awards.
Why do I need an iHeartRadio account to vote online?
Logging into your iHeartRadio account to vote online is a key security feature to guard against voting fraud.
I am having trouble voting online – why?
Although the internet can handle huge volumes of vote submissions simultaneously, there may be times when your local service provider may not be able to handle every attempt due to the sheer volume. Other technical issues may also arise, like errors in vote transmission, service outages, delays, malfunctions of telecommunications equipment, software glitches, etc. If you are trying to vote during the vote window but it isn't processing your attempt, please be patient and try again later.
How do the iHeartRadio Music Awards protect my vote?
Use of any device to automate a vote is prohibited, including, but not limited to, software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated votes. We reserve the right to disqualify any individual we suspect or find: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated vote; (b) to have tampered with the voting process; or (c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
If you have additional questions after reading these FAQs, please contact us at help.iheart.com.